WHAT IS CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. It has significant medical benefits, without the psychoactive effects.
WHAT IS THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM?
It’s a molecular system composed by endocannabinoids and receptors found all throughout our bodies, crucial to our body in order to achieve homeostasis by playing a regulatory role in the secretion of hormones related to response to stress, among others.
WILL CBD GET ME HIGH?
No, you don’t get high from smoking, ingesting or using CBD. Hemp usually contains less than 0.03% THC.
IS CBD HEALING?
Studies suggest that CBD can help with some ailments. Below we listed a few of the many ailments CBD helps.
- Relief for Chronic Pain – CBD can provide pain relief and has been related to the prevention of nervous system degeneration.
- Battles anxiety & depression – CBD has shown to reduce the levels of stress and anxiety. Research shows that CBD oil causes receptors 5-HT1A to work more effectively by increasing the production of serotonin, an important chemical, and neurotransmitter that regulate mood and social behavior. (Check out the report here)
- Reduces Inflammation – A 2013 study done by the Digestive Disease in China reported that CBD showed anti-inflammatory effects in mice and improved the pancreatic tissue. (Read the report here)
- Improves Sleep – CBD is alerting in some doses however people suffering from insomnia have reported that ingesting CBD a few hours prior bedtime provides the necessary balance to sleep through the night.
- Reduces Risk of Artery Blockage – CBD is helpful in preventing oxidative stress and inflammation, both ailments decrease the heart’s health.
CAN PETS BENEFIT FROM CBD?
It is safe to use our unscented tinctures on your pets! Our lotions should be avoided since they have essential oils that may be harmful to them.
WHAT CBD DOES SUYANA USE?
We use Full Spectrum & Isolate, Non-GMO CBD.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISOLATE AND FULL SPECTRUM?
Isolate is solely the CBD- separated from the other cannabinoids, acids and other chemicals found in the hemp plant. Full Spectrum means the whole plant- encompassing all the cannabinoids.
CAN I TAKE CBD WITH OTHER MEDICATIONS?
While CBD is regarded as safe to take, please, always consult with your physician about how it can interfere when combined with other medications.